If you are planning to attend a family wedding function, this is the right time you visit a renowned saree retailer and fill your wardrobe with your favourite ethnic wear. As far as the maintenance of those sarees is concerned, you just need to consider the material and type of saree who are willing to take care of. Some sarees are very costly and if you want to pass it to the next generation, you need to preserve them well.
How To Take Care Of Cotton Sarees?
One of the main reasons why people love wearing cotton sarees is that they are quite wearable. They are ideal for the hot climate and are not even very costly. Few tips you can follow to take care of your cotton sarees are,
- There are chances for dark-coloured cotton sarees to bleed so wash them separately.
- The colour might fade in you immerse them in water for a longer period of time.
- Use starch after washing them as it helps in retaining its colour and shine.
- Put them under shade for drying instead of direct sunlight.
How To Take Care Of Tissue And Organza Sarees?
A unique feature of tissue and organza sarees is that the fabric used to make them are quite delicate. It is always advisable to dry clean them instead of using the washing machine if you don’t wear your favourite ethic wear to tear. Few more maintenance tips for tissue sarees are,
- Fold them properly and keep them in the wardrobe instead of hanging them.
- Use a muslin cloth to wrap them before storing.
- To prevent the creases from tearing, refold the sarees at fixed intervals.
How To Take Care Of Georgette and Chiffon Sarees?
Saree retailers suggest their customers to handle georgette and chiffon sarees with extra care as the fabric is very delicate and can tear easily. Few easy tips for proper maintenance of georgette and chiffon sarees are,
- Gently wash them with hand
- Let water drip instead of squeezing or wrapping them tightly.
- Try not to use many pins as it might tear the fabric.
- Avoid hanging them for a prolonged period of time if you don’t want them to lose their shape.
- You can prevent ripping on creases by refolding them after every few months.
These being said, it’s time you follow the saree maintenance tips stated above and taking care of your sarees will become easier.